RANDOM QUOTE

" Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi




Friday, March 4, 2011

Being Kind to Ourselves

This article reminded me  http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/28/go-easy-on-yourself-a-new-wave-of-research-urges/?src=me&ref=homepage that when I said be kind in an earlier post,  I also want you to be kind to yourself.

Giving ourselves a break or having compassion for ourselves is very hard.  Often we have expectations of perfection.  Sometimes we measure ourselves against the perceived awesomeness of those around us.  Let's make a deal.  I'll try if you do too.  Next time you get down on yourself for not being better, not doing better, for not meeting your expectations - stop.  Ask yourself if you would have compassion for another in this situation.  Support and motivate yourself.   Accept the shortcomings in order to soar even higher.