RANDOM QUOTE

" Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi




Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Moments of Clarity


“When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.  It works not because it settles the question for you but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you are hoping for”  ~unknown
Yes! Yes! Yes!  Has this ever happened to you?  I (and many others also) call it a moment of clarity.  Sometimes all I get is just that one moment when the answer seems so clear.  That this is path I need to follow.  You know what I’m talking about.  It is that instant when you are so sure of a course of action and everything falls together.  Unfortunately, sometimes it only lasts a moment. 

My hope is that I can keep and hold onto that moment and not let all the other stuff get in the way.  Have you ever had a moment of clarity and then self doubt intrudes?  I might say “I know this is the best choice for me” but then I put up barriers.  I don’t have the money.  I don’t have the time.  I don’t have the ability.  What will people think?  It will take too long.  It just isn’t the right time –later I can do it.

All the doubt and barriers I erect obscure that clearness of the moment and then I question if I ever even had it.

How much have I missed by not grabbing onto the information I found in that moment?  How many better choices may I have made if I just believed in that moment?  How much have you missed by not stomping down that doubt and not just doing what you saw in that moment of clarity.

Next time it happens.  Stop.  Listen.  Believe. Go with it.  See what a difference it can make.