RANDOM QUOTE

" Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi




Monday, December 26, 2011

Smile

I just thought I’d remind you not to underestimate the power of a smile.  My favorite compliment given to me is “I like your smile.”


It is inevitable that at the dialysis center at which I also work, at just the time I’m getting frustrated by being asked to fax MORE medical records or help with some other aggravating issue, a patient will stop me.  The patient will say something like “I look forward to your smile” or “I always feel better when you say ‘hi’ and smile” or “it can be so dreary here, then you come out and smile and everything brightens up for a little while.”


I know you can't help smiling when
you see this picture!

It reminds me that connecting to others is what it is about.  How hard is it to just smile at someone?  During this time a year it is easy for everyone to get so busy.  Take a moment and smile at the stranger standing with you on the corner.  Smile at cashier at the store.  Smile at your significant other or children even if they are driving you a bit crazy.  It is not magic.  It is not difficult.   It can make a world of difference to someone.  Smile.