RANDOM QUOTE

" Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ~ Mohandas K. Gandhi




Sunday, September 25, 2011

Moving and Joy

I've been a little slow in posting because I have been in the process of moving to another home.  All of us who have moved know what a colossal undertaking it is.  I hate it.  I HATE it with big letters.

However, I was thinking about someone who said to me that there is no point in not being joyful when doing things you don't want to do.  She used work as her example and said if you have to do it why not find joy.

So, I'm trying it.  I'm trying to find joy in that I moving forward to a new place.  Joy in all the memories I come across.  Joy in organization and planning out what is needed.  Joy in new beginnings.  Joy in the physical work.  Joy in all the things I get to donate to Goodwill.  Joy in that I am really busy and knowing I wouldn't like the opposite.  Joy in living in the now and looking forward to the future.

What do you know?  Apparently I do influence myself.  By just changing my thoughts my whole outlook changes.     Here's me practicing what I preach and focusing on joy even when I don't love a task.

Give me a week or so and you'll be inundated with my posts again!!!!  (Ok - that sort of sounds like a threat.)    Happy Joy Everyone!